Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs


Since my school bus is elementry school bus and most of students using this bus are elementry kids, Bus driver put a DVD player in the bus. Mostly animations are played, so I get to watch these animations that I would not watch by myself. I watched this movie for the same reason. It is called 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' and it is animated. Its story is about a crazy scientist who always has been invented things since he was a kid. However, he kept failing on projects and always caused bad incidents in town. No one in town liked his work including his father. His father wanted him to just run a shop and live a normal life. The island he is living in only has one kind of fish to eat, so people in this island do not have chance to eat other delicious food. This motivated him to invent machine that would create any kind of food just with water. By accident, this machine flies to the sky and stay inside cloud. Because cloud is full of water, it is able to make food inside the cloud. That is how he was able to make food rains. Everyone liked his invention and also liked him. He became famous for this and all people in the town wanted to make him continue to make food rains so that people in the town can eat various kinds of food. However, the problem was that food was getting bigger and bigger every time the machine makes the food rain. In the end, one hamburger becomes as big as a house. Food was way too big and started to destroy the town. The scientist feel the responsiblilty and stops the food storm in the end. I was asleep during 1/3 of movie, but because its plot was so simple, I still could understant whole story. I thought that this was interesting topic because I think that this is the first movie about food rain and food mutation. I liked the last part, food mutating and becoming a life form, because I thought the idea was funny. Especially headless chiken fighting with main characters were funny. The scientist's friend who is incredibly stupid wore one turkey like a clothing and fought with those chikens. I would recommand this movie to people who likes cartoons or people who simply has time to kill. I do not think that this movie is very good movie to watch, but if one just wants to watch a carefree movie, then this may be the movie for that purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment